REMINDER MARCH 29, 2020 : Hello Friends.
Just a reminder to please keep you library items at home during this time. Library books, DVDs, etc. DO NOT have to be returned until after the library reopens. Fines are not being charged while we are closed. The library is NOT accepting ANY donations during this crisis. Bags, boxes or any containers left out side of the library will be put in the trash and not brought into the building. Please recycle your own items. Stay Home and Stay Safe!
UPDATE MARCH 12, 2020: Out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to protect the high-risk populations that we serve and our staff, as well as minimize the potential exposure / transmission of COVID-19 the library will close to the public starting Friday, March 13 with a reopening date yet to be determined. All scheduled meetings, programs and events are cancelled until the library reopens. Please check our website and Facebook page for updates. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Thank You.
From the Borough of New Milford:
In an abundance of caution, the Borough has decided on the following, in order to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19 in our area:
- The Senior Center and Library will be closed as of Friday, March 13th.
- Sr. Transportation will be suspended as of Friday, March 13th.
- Organized Rec sports & activities will be suspended as of March 13th.
- Borough Offices will be fully operational but the building will be CLOSED to the public beginning Monday, March 16th.
- All facilities and services are tentatively scheduled to resume normal operation beginning Monday, March 30th. The decision to resume normal operations may be reevaluated as the date approaches.
- All committee, commission and board meetings – including Zoning Board of Adjustment and Planning Board – will also be suspended through March 30th. The Mayor and Council meeting scheduled for March 23rd will proceed but will be live streamed, no in person attendance will be permitted.
- The DPW complex will also be closed to the public through March 30th, including the recycling center – the office will be staffed and accepting phone calls.
There will be receptacles for the Building Department, DPW and Zoning, Police Records/Municipal Court and the Clerk’s Office located in the vestibule at Police Headquarters. Please include a phone number with anything that is dropped off.
Tax payments can be made online, by mail or via the lock box located at the south entrance to the Borough Hall. No in person payments will be accepted this quarter.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation through this very challenging period in our history.
Borough of New Milford
930 River Road
New Milford, NJ 07646
Email : email@example.com